We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to join our team as the Director of Business Development for the Midland Development Corporation a Type A Sales Tax Corporation for the City of Midland, Texas. The Director of Business Development works directly for the Executive Director and is responsible for the implementation of a targeted industry recruitment and expansion program that focuses on the development of leads, culminating in company relocations or expansions and creation of jobs.
• Develop, implement, and then execute a direct targeted industry recruitment program.
• Cultivate, manage and develop contacts and relationships with site selection consultants, corporate real estate professionals and target industry executives.
• Manage a comprehensive prospect tracking system.
• Develop and manage marketing campaign to target industries.
• Directly manage client project and generate projects through lead development.
• Manage and market business parks and properties of the Midland Development Corporation and the City of Midland.
• Manage and market the Midland International Air & Space Port and the Spaceport Business Park to aviation, aerospace, commercial space and other target industries.
• Manage site and facility projects.
• Cultivate and develop and manage a business attraction and business retention and expansion team.
Bachelor’s degree and economic development experience required. Commercial real estate experience is a preferred as well as knowledge of the Aerospace Industry. A combination of education and experience may be substituted when proficiency is demonstrated.